Park’s Faculty Center for Innovation will now be offering a monthly “Collaboratory,” providing faculty with a designated space and time to explore new ideas and/or revise current projects related to teaching. These “Collaboratories” are intended to support the knowledge work you engage in when teaching and to make time for what matters most to you and the university.
You can work individually or collaboratively, but you will have the opportunity to share information and experiences, pose and solve problems, and/or discover new ideas or approaches to teaching.
Preparing for the Collaboratory
What you might work on:
• designing a new course
• redesigning/redeveloping an existing course
• revising course materials or assignments
• clarifying student learning outcomes
• creating lesson plans
• constructing activities to encourage participation
• exploring a research idea to develop further
• or anything else related to improving your pedagogy and increasing student learning
What to bring with you:
• at least one specific goal
• laptop and power supply
• relevant course materials/documents